It was a nice weekend with many good things happening. I got my cell-phone back from the police. They have removed the memory to get rid of its contents, which is pretty stupid as they could have simply formatted it. But anyways, everything else is fine with it and I'm happy I got it back and won't have to go there or call them anymore.
On Thursday, I booked a tour for Syria. It's a typical religious tour, with a one week stay at a three star Tedmor hotel; I say "three-star", but the truth is Syrians give as many stars as they "wish" to their hotels! We'll leave Saturday October 3rd and have the interview on Monday. I've heard the interview is mostly in French which is not a good news, and I've also heard that the interviewers can be pretty mean. Our biggest concern is not the interview, but where we're gonna leave Rosha when attending the interview. I plan to call the embassy on Monday (when they're open) and see what they recommend. I've called them several times before, they speak Arabic and very poor English, pfff!
Thursday was so busy, I also took our identifications and my military card to a translation office to get them translated once again, this time for the 'federal' file that we will open right after the interview; that is, if we pass the interview! We also took Rosha to a clinic for a vaccination; she has a slight fever now and Sara puts ice on her leg and washes her hands and legs with cold water. Our thermometers don't work properly, so I'll have to buy one on my way home. It's so strange we have three thermometers and neither of them shows anything! It's as if there is no mercury in the tubes!
Thursday afternoon, we went to Hyperstar. It was my fourth time as I've been taking our family members there one by one to show them the place! It was awfully crowded this time and we decided never to go there again except on a weekday morning.
Yesterday was the Quds day; the day protesters had long been waiting for to get out on the streets again. I'm not gonna write much about it here, suffice to say Iran became first headline on CNN, BBC, Aljazeera and France 24!
Here's something else about this weekend: The weather turned so nice! We had a heavy rain on Wednesday and the weather's been cool and autumny eversince. Last night, we thought we'd go out with Rosha for some fresh air. We chose to go to Velenjak and the small parks to the north of Shahid Beheshti University which were quiet and very nice. Tehran looked so beautiful from up there, but did it make us reconsider our immigration? Hell no!
Recent Posts

2 comments:
"..Did it make us reconsider our immigration? Hell no!"
: (
I'm so happy for you.
You're leaving and it's the best decision ever. Especially for Rosha! Don't even doubt it.
But it's the worst for those who will stay.. Who will miss you.
It's always like this.
I am totally heart broken!
Post a Comment