Recent Posts

Saturday, August 29, 2009

'

Iran has become a different country. The June presidential elections got us all political. People decided to vote and not to repeat the mistake that got Ahmadinejad elected four years ago. But the elections turned into a coup announcing Ahmadinejad as the winner and cracking down on protesters. Many were killed and injured and now the government is blaming people as "eghteshashgar" and claiming that they were backed by the west to overthrow the regime through a "velvet revolution". This is a very depressing point in Iranian history.

Unfortunately, I got in trouble too. Three weeks ago, I left our company for Haft Tir Sq; there in front of E'temad Melli newspaper office, the situation wasn't normal and many police cars were parked. I made a huge mistake and took my cell phone out to take a picture. Before I had even taken anything, a cop arrested me and forced me into a police van. Then, I was taken to a police office where they interrogated me and kept threatening that I would be sent to Evin prison and punished. They released me in the evening after my boss and dad came and gave them their identifications as a warrant. But from that day until today, I've been going to the police office almost everyday and every time, they either completely ignore me and tell me to come the day after, or they threaten me in different ways and accuse me of things I haven't done. This last time that I went there, the police officer was mad and violent and said that I will be punished big time. I'm very nervous and scared. I keep thinking about Sara and Rosha and the plans we have, especially that our immigration process is developing and I don't want to ruin it in any way. We've heard so much horrible news these past months that I sometimes think they will definitely kill me.

I'm in a very bad mental state right now.



PS. This video kind of captures the post-election spirit in Iran.

0 comments: